913 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cliff_Richardso
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way to change the background color of sorted fields? I do not like the default color.

5 Replies 5
Matt_Kennedy1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The orange background shows up when you have the "keep sorted’ box checked on your filter/sort dialog. I don’t know how to change that color, but you can turn it off by deselecting the check box if it is really bothersome.

I really need to sort, so I guess I can take this minor annoyance.

Thank you for your response.

In case I wasn’t clear, the recommendation is that you DO sort, but leave the “keep sorted” box unchecked. Your data is sorted once and stays that way until/unless you move records around, at which point, if you need to, you sort again. Working like this also prevents the thing where rows disappear from your view (i.e. shoot to the top / bottom of the list) when you edit them. Your case may be different, but I don’t use “keep sorted” much any more after working in the system for a while.

OK - I see what you mean now. I think that will work for me especially preventing rows disappearing from view.

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I’m coming from FileMaker and am now all-in with AT. Need to learn a few things.

An_Nguy_n
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, there is a way to change the background color of sorted fields. You can do this by going to the “Field Settings” for the field in question and then selecting the “Advanced” tab. From there, you can scroll down to the “Sorting” section and use the “Sort by Color” drop-down to select the background color you prefer.