Help

Re: Converting prospects to leads (moving records across tables)

655 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love how Salesforce allows you to hit a button to “convert” a lead into an opportunity (or something like that).

I have thousands of prospective students subscribed to my newsletter. I want to add those to Airtable in it’s own table.

I have another table for prospective students and enrolled students. After someone on the newsletter decided to fill out a school application they become a prospective student.

I would love a seamless way to move a record from one table to the other. Copy/paste feels a bit clunky and error prone. Any other suggestions?

3 Replies 3
Tech_Tylercivic
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’d have just one table for PEOPLE and a column that indicates prospect, enrolled or what.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ve built an extension that automatically moves record between tables.

Gustavo_Lopez
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Looks like Airtable doesn’t have an out-of-the-box flow process for a single record to move it to another table, but there are extensions that can do that with some configuration. It’s sort of a different functionality than what a database or spreadsheet implies.
I think the use case of prospect conversion to leads is valid to justify moving records from table to table. There’s a reason Salesforce does it. Prospects are insanely noisier than leads and you’re better off not even having them if they’re duds and they become a hindrance. So the advice of keeping the junk with the gold in the same bucket works fine at a small scale but I don’t think it’s the most elegant solution. Perhaps there’s no elegant solution.