212 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrid
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to design my base in the most efficient way to track my user's performance. I want to track performance per week, as well as in total. There is a table where the users are adding records (not directly into the base, but through a user interface), and those records get basically a grade - A, B, C, D, F (a single select field) and have a field with the user's email. I am struggling to find the best way to wrap all of this data into a new table that tracks the users productivity. I want to know for each user how many As, Bs, Cs, etc they get per week, as well as the total counts of each grade over all of the data. With the totals, I am also hoping to do calculations such as percentage of A's, etc. 

Anyone have any suggestions on how I could set this up in Airtable in the most optimal way?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Hmm, given that it's weekly and assuming they're doing it via an Interface form, I'd suggest:
1. Create a formula field with DATETIME_FORMAT that outputs the week of the year + the year and combines it with the user's email, e.g. "31 2024 - test@example.com"
2. Create a linked field to a new table called "Weekly Summaries"
3. Create an automation that'll trigger whenever a new record is created, and its action will be to paste the value from the field from step 1 into the field from step 2

This will create one record per week per user in the "Weekly Summaries" table.  You can then use rollups etc to pull the relevant data over