Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrbbtalnorth
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to work with attachments

After looking at several posts on the subject

For example regarding photos from my website or from Google Drive.

If I upload these links in the attachment field, will they become invalid after a few hours?

So currently it is not possible to display images in the table without using the automation that uploads the images each time?

Or is the problem only in using the link, but the image will still remain displayed in the table?

I would appreciate recommendations and insights.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vivid-Squid
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @rrbbtalnorth ,

The later of your question is  accurate. 

You upload a file (Image, Video, Document) to an Airtable attachment field. Airtable will then display a unique URL to that file. Within Airtable your document will remain usable as it has been. The new change expires the document URL after a time and generates a new one. You will not notice this in Airtable, but if you have an external site that attempts to access the URL it will eventually no longer work.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Vivid-Squid
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @rrbbtalnorth ,

The later of your question is  accurate. 

You upload a file (Image, Video, Document) to an Airtable attachment field. Airtable will then display a unique URL to that file. Within Airtable your document will remain usable as it has been. The new change expires the document URL after a time and generates a new one. You will not notice this in Airtable, but if you have an external site that attempts to access the URL it will eventually no longer work.

Excellent, thank you very much