cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kschnaenberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Dual sync question!

Base 1 has a list of projects.  The project PRIMARY FIELD is a formula combining two other fields.

Base 2 has a list of issues.  Base 1 is synced to Base 2, user select a project to associate with each issue. (This part is working!)

Where I'm stuck....I would like Base 1 to contain a field looking up all of the issues related to that project.

Have tried syncing Base 2 to Base 1 then linking the tables but the project association isn't carrying up, nor is the rollup of open issues.   

2 Replies 2
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey there! Are you still experiencing questions with this workflow? If so, I'd be glad to take a closer look at any screenshots to get a fuller sense of the configuration at hand, though I'd also note that certain field types (e.g., linked records and rollups) will sync over as text into the destination base(s); more details here under Field type syncing behavior.

Hi!

Stepped away from it for a bit but not back at it.  Screen shots attached.  I tried changing away from formulas for the name.  When I did that it did show up as a linked record instead of text, but then when I added a project (base 1 record) to an issue (base 2 record), rather than referencing it created a duplicate of the base 1 record name.