Help

Re: Duplicating records across multiple tables?

712 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaitlin_Franco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am looking to add a record to multiple tables within the same base. So if my tables are per client and I want to add a record to every client, do I need to physically add it to each one or is that a way to add it all at once?
Thanks

6 Replies 6

Hi @Kaitlin_Franco

I would suggest to put the info you want in a field where you link it to a separate table, so you would have to add it only once and it will be updated in all the other sheets (as long as they are linked to it).

If that doesn’t solve your issue, please show me a screenshot of what you are trying to do

Best Regards,
Mo

Kaitlin_Franco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So my students are listed on each tab and I am looking to add each assignment to each of their tables but hoping I don’t have to do it manually. It will not allow me to add a photo. I need to set it up this way so that when I share it with the individual students they are only able to see their own missed work and not what is related to others’.

Hi @Kaitlin_Franco

If I understand you correctly, each student has his own Table? And there is a Separate Table for Assignments?

If this is correct, please check the below screenshots. Feel free to contact me for any clarification.

Best Regards,
Mo

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 10.01.05 AM
Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 10.01.12 AM
Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 10.00.58 AM

Kaitlin_Franco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So there is a table for each student and then each assignment is a record in each student’s table, resembling most closely the third screenshot. (I am still unable to include a screenshot in my post.)

Here is a link to the base where I took the screenshots. Feel free to explore it and copy it.

You can also send me a link to your base on my email, mohamedswellam@hotmail.com

Hi @Kaitlin_Franco,

So did the table I share with you help your question?

Best Regards,
Mo