1204 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Brasted
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a base that contains an address table with the following 7 fields.

Field: Address Season

Value: Year Round. -  Gets mail there all year round

Value: Summer. -  Get mail there online the summer

Value: Winter. -  Gets mail there only in the winter

Field: Address Type

Value: Street  -  Street address and where they get their mail

Value: Mail  -  If they get their mail at a P.O. Box

Field: Address  -  Street Address or P.O. Box

Field: Address 2  -  Apt. #

Field: City

Field: State

Field: Zip

I need to filter in the following fashion:

Where Address Season Is Exactly Year Round

Or Address Season Is Exactly Summer

And 

Where Address Type IF (Mail, Mail, Street)

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks, Scott

3 Replies 3
Adrienne_Medina
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Scott, 

Assuming you are talking about filtering a view, for the first part you would just select the column Address Season is any of "Year Round" "Summer"

your second choice would start with the AND, option

Can you clarify what you are trying to achieve with the second half IF statement? 

Hi, thanks for the response.

So, the Address Season and the Address Type must be set first. They filter for which group of records I need. If you live there only in the Summer or the Winter or year-round then and If the address is a street address (both mail and location) or whether you live at the street address and have a P.O. Box. Some member records will have one address record and some will have two or three or four. One of the joys of a summer resort community. So I need to first go through the Address Season and Address Type, then Look to see if there's a mail record or just a location record. If there is I only a street address, then use that, but if there is a mail and a street address, then use the mail address. This makes it possible to send mail to members that are away in the winter or away in the summer out there year-round and if they have street delivery or a PO Box. Does that make any sense?

Thanks, Scott

Scott_Brasted
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

thought I should close this out now that I understand group condtions and that has solved my problem. Thanks, Scott