cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_Wade
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!

I’m new to Airtable but not databases overall so I have a little bit of knowledge in how to write a formula. I can’t seem to work through this one though. I have the need to be able to recall certain clients for scheduled services. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to write this formula. I need the formula to calculate off the “Scheduled Date” forward 275 days but only when the “status” is not marked as “complete”. I have no earthly idea how to make this work. Thank you all very much for your help on this - I’m sure it’s pretty basic and I am overthinking but…I’ll learn it all someday!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Lisa_Wade!

Yes, Airtable formulas can be a bit challenging at first, particularly because they’re not documented very well on the formula field reference page.

In your situation, this is the formula that you would use:

IF(
{Status}!="Complete",
DATEADD({Scheduled Date},275,'days')
)

Note that you don’t have to put the {brackets} around field names with just one word, but I like to do that here to get people in the habit of doing that for field names that have more than one word.

Also, Airtable will never recognize formulas that use “curly quotes” instead of "straight quotes", so always be sure to use straight quotes.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Lisa_Wade!

Yes, Airtable formulas can be a bit challenging at first, particularly because they’re not documented very well on the formula field reference page.

In your situation, this is the formula that you would use:

IF(
{Status}!="Complete",
DATEADD({Scheduled Date},275,'days')
)

Note that you don’t have to put the {brackets} around field names with just one word, but I like to do that here to get people in the habit of doing that for field names that have more than one word.

Also, Airtable will never recognize formulas that use “curly quotes” instead of "straight quotes", so always be sure to use straight quotes.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Scott - thank you. I just had to make an adjustment because if it says “Complete” then it should not do a recall date. You got me over the hump though! Thanks so much.