Help

Re: German Number Format (comma insteas point)

471 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinDax
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,
is there a possibility to enter numbers according to the german format,
so
100,22 EUR instead of 100.22 EUR

I can't find a solution for this, neither in the currency nor around number format.
And if I choose text, I can't add up the amounts anymore.
Thanks for your ideas!
Kevin

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, this has been one of the top complaints about Airtable ever since it first came out on the market 10 years ago, yet Airtable refuses to fix this extremely urgent problem.

Airtable refuses to make its product work outside of the United States. It’s not just number & currency fields, but it’s also date fields, phone number fields, and so much more.

You can try to send a complaint about this to support@airtable.com, but after they send you a generic form letter to thank you for your feedback, they will do absolutely nothing about that feedback.

You could maybe use the VALUE() function to extract numbers from strings of text, and do math that way, but even the VALUE() function doesn’t work properly in Airtable.

It’s just a real shame that Airtable is such a customer-hostile company like this. Every other database app that I know of — except for Airtable — supports international formatting outside of the United States.

You may want to switch to a more advanced database app like FileMaker which has full international support.

I used to be a FileMaker developer for 30 years, but now I focus only on Airtable consulting. However, if you need a referral to a FileMaker developer, please feel free to reach out to me through my Airtable consulting website.