cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Chi
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I would like to create a fitness tracker for our climbing team. I periodically test our athletes (ie, vertical jump, shoulder strength, etc).

I would like to track each athlete’s test scores/numbers, enter that information into airtable and have the ability to track each athlete’s improvement for each fitness test. One test is the vertical jump. I will need to test their standing reach and then standing jump. Ideally, I want to enter standing reach every so often (not every test) since the kids don’t grow that quickly. But I want to update standing jump every time we test.

How do I enter standing reach into airtable and be able to retrieve that for future tests? I would like future tests to record standing jump but then reference standing reach in order to calculate vertical jump (ie, standing jump less standing reach).

Thoughts?

1 Reply 1

Hi @James_Chi, if I were you I’d have two tables, one to contain the athletes and one to contain the score tracking

From there, I’d link each tracked score to the appropriate athlete record, and then use the rollups to get the latest tracked score of each type, resulting in something like this:

Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 12.03.14 PM
Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 12.03.00 PM

And here’s a base I set up that shows how to do the rollup thing

You can also hire me to just set it up for you too!