1273 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starfield
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am an artist that works with ceramics and have many repetitive tasks (each with several subtasks) that can take as little as 3 hours to complete and as long as 6 hours to dry... all dependent on the prior Task being completed on time. I created my first Gantt View. I entered both Start and End date fields with correct times for each of my tasks and I included dependencies.

When I view it as a Gantt chart it claims that the records are overlapping in time (they aren't). If I try to fix dependencies it pushes every single task to take a full day which makes the project 4x longer than it should be. My only logical conclusion is that the Gantt View is somehow completely ignoring the time data from the Date field and rounding to the nearest whole Day.

Surely there must be some setting I'm missing here. Any suggestions? I've been using the free version for some time and was considering upgrading to the pro for the Gantt Views. It would be hard to believe it would even be considered a Pro Feature without being able to handle more than one task in a day.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Hi Starfield, from my experience Gantt views usually take the time into account.  Could you perhaps share some screenshots of your base and Gantt view?

If you could DM me a link to your base I could help you debug it quicker as well

Starfield

Hi thanks for replying. Here was an early attempt... a schedule that often had a morning task and an evening task. Gantt shows invalid dependencies even though all dependencies are in chronological order. 

Hi Starfield, so sorry, I got myself confused and was thinking about the Timeline view.  You're right that the Gantt view doesn't display time / hours; the smallest unit of time it has appears to be days

And while the Timeline view shows hours properly, it doesn't have the dependency link that you need sigh

Hopefully I'm missing something too and there's a setting somewhere that enables us to display hours for the Gantt view and someone else can chime in