Help

How can I build a One-to-Many relationship?

Topic Labels: Base design
Solved
Jump to Solution
1798 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Candyce_Fulford
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m using Airtable to build a list of donors for our non-profit organization. The records are identified by the name of the donor. Some donors make multiple donations throughout the year. How can I reflect these frequent donations without building a whole new record?

Thank you so much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You need two tables. A table for donors, and a table for donations. Join the two tables with a linked record field.

Each new donation gets a new record in the Donations table. If the donor already exists in the Donors table, link the donation to that donor. If the donor does not yet exist, create the donor record.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You need two tables. A table for donors, and a table for donations. Join the two tables with a linked record field.

Each new donation gets a new record in the Donations table. If the donor already exists in the Donors table, link the donation to that donor. If the donor does not yet exist, create the donor record.

Candyce_Fulford
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you! Thank you! I thought it might be something like that but I couldn’t wrap my head around it. You are a life saver!!