Help

Re: how can I create a database which tells me whether I have enough stock to make a product

Solved
Jump to Solution
500 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dasprune
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I run a small company that makes products using parts from an inventory and sells them to vendors. I'm trying to achieve the following - I receive an order, I enter the order as an invoice which includes all the information about which products are ordered, the database checks the amount of raw parts I have in stock and tells me whether I have enough to make the products in the order. 

Currently I have few tables with junctions between them - a table with a list of parts, a table with the details of products and what parts are needed to make them, a table with a list of products with each product as a one line entry. Then I have invoices and a junction with invoice detail which use the product information. 

Currently I am using a one line entry to indicate whether an invoice is yet to be made or completed, I want a system that will tell me which parts I need to complete an invoice and then whether I have enough, which parts of the order can be made ok and which can't. I don't want to deduct anything from the inventory until I indicate that that invoice is to be made. 

hopefully that makes sense! Can anyone offer some suggestions about how I could do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KarlShadyman

When an order is entered as an invoice, the ERP system can automatically check the amount of raw materials in stock and let you know whether you have enough to fulfill the order. If you don't have enough stock, the system can alert you to order more raw materials before proceeding with the production of the products in the order.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
KarlShadyman

When an order is entered as an invoice, the ERP system can automatically check the amount of raw materials in stock and let you know whether you have enough to fulfill the order. If you don't have enough stock, the system can alert you to order more raw materials before proceeding with the production of the products in the order.

great, thanks! Ill have a look at the ERP system

....do you have a link to exactly what you're talking about? I can find a template called ERP but I can't see how it can check raw materials for stock as you describe