Help

How can I set up a table/multiple tables for hiding financial $?

Topic Labels: Base design
659 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George_Shaw
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need to allow users to input time records for each task item but I dont’ want them to see financial information held in the task item.

I realize that I can share a view that hides the columns I want but If I understand correctly then the use is not able to add information to the base. Is this correct?

Is there a way to do this or a work around or do I have to create separate bases and then link? what’s the best way to do this?
Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You are correct that one cannot add information to a base from a shared grid view. However, people can still add information to the base using a shared form view. When someone fills out the form, a new record is created. If you need to associate the information with an existing record, you need to include a linked record field in the form.

Separate bases and a synced table is another good option. This is the preferable option in many cases, especially if users need to be able to edit the new data that they add. (They will not be able to edit the data that was originally synced, only any new fields that are added in the target base.)