Help

How do I record an incoming stock of goods to automatically update the Inventory?

834 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QF
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am working on an AirTable base for my warehouse that receives Vehicle Tires. Our Receiving staff runs AirTable on their iOS devices; Currently, they scan the Barcode of the Tires and it automatically goes to the respective article/item on the AirTable Base and then they add the 'Tires Received amount' to the existing Inventory. i.e. If the Existing Inventory was 1000 and a shipment of 50 Tires were received, they change the Inventory number 1000 to 1050 manually. I would like to observe the possibilities of creating a column where the user can input a number every time a consignment of tires are received and that number automatically gets added to the existing Inventory and gets updated on its own.

Table in the Base is as follows:
-Column A has the Tired Brand and the Model/Size;
-Columns B has the Current Stock (Inventory);
-Column C has the Supplier name;
-Column D has the unique barcode number of each Tire type.

Thanks for your time.

2 Replies 2

Yeap totally doable

Try the following:
1. Create a number field for your users to key in the number of tires that were received called "Received" or something
2. Create a formula field that will add the "Existing Inventory" value to the value in the field created in step 1 called "New Inventory Count"
3. Create a formula field that will check whether the value from the field in step 2 is equal to the "Existing Inventory" value
4. Create an automation that will trigger whenever the field from step 3 outputs that the values are not equal, and make the automation:
  - Paste the value of "New Inventory Count" into the "Existing Inventory" field
  - Clear the value of the "Recieved" field

This should do what you need

---
You can also consider restructuring your base a bit by creating a new table called "Inventory Movement" or something, and your users would create records in there and you could use a rollup field to auto calculate the inventory count for you instead, which also allows you to keep a log of when and how much inventory came in

Apologies if this is something you've already considered!

stringstring681
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

To record an incoming stock of goods and automatically update the inventory, you can follow these steps:

1. Choose a reliable inventory management system: Look for a software or tool that suits your business needs and has features to track stock levels and automatically update the inventory. There are various options available in the market, both free and paid, so choose one that fits within your budget tire out of round symptoms.

2. Set up the system: Once you have selected an inventory management system, set it up by entering all the necessary information such as product details, stock levels, and any other relevant data. Make sure to input accurate information to ensure proper inventory tracking.

3. Use barcode scanning or RFID technology: To streamline the process further, consider using barcode scanning or RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology. This will enable you to scan incoming products quickly and accurately update the inventory in real-time.

By implementing these steps, you can effectively record incoming stocks and maintain an updated inventory effortlessly. This will not only save time but also provide accurate insights into your stock levels for efficient business operations.