cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirkolando
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Airtable Community, 

is there a way to auto assign tasks according to a single select field. 

I have a single select with multible Teams (CRM, Website, Social Media etc.). I want a new record to be auto assigned to the team lead of the team from the single select field. New records will be created with a form. 

Best regards

Mirko 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I assume there's another table where the link between the Team Lead and the Team exists?  Perhaps a table where each record represents a single team with a field for the team lead?

If so, try creating an automation that'll trigger when the form is submitted, and its action will be to look for the appropriate "Team" record based on the option selected from the single select field.  You can then use the result of that Find Record action in an "Update Record" action to assign that Team Lead to the task

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I assume there's another table where the link between the Team Lead and the Team exists?  Perhaps a table where each record represents a single team with a field for the team lead?

If so, try creating an automation that'll trigger when the form is submitted, and its action will be to look for the appropriate "Team" record based on the option selected from the single select field.  You can then use the result of that Find Record action in an "Update Record" action to assign that Team Lead to the task