Help

Re: How to create a slider, nd set minand max values oin a number field?

Solved
Jump to Solution
849 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshua_Portway
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
As far as I can tell there isn’t an option to use a slider for entering numbers - or a way to set minimum and maximum. values. It doesn’t even look possible to have a slider for a percentage field.

The only workaround I can think of for entering values quicky and having some kind of visual feedback of numbers is to use a rating field, but this obviously limits one to only 5 possible values, which is pretty limiting.

This seems like a completely bizarre oversight in what otherwise seems like a really useful and excellent product - am I missing something?

thanks,
Josh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You are correct that there is no “slider” for inputting a numeric value.

Using a rating field is a possible workaround. You can actually change a rating field to have a maximum of 10 values. A maximum of 5 values is just the default.

Another option for having quick visual feedback on numbers is to create a formula field that displays the number visually. Users would still enter the number as a number, but the formula field could give a visual feedback.

This formula will repeat the * symbol based on the number entered in the {numeric field}, which should be a non-negative integer. You can replace the * with any character you like, including emoji.

REPT("*", {numeric field})

If this answers your question, please mark this post as the solution. Otherwise, could you please give a bit more details and a screen capture?

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You are correct that there is no “slider” for inputting a numeric value.

Using a rating field is a possible workaround. You can actually change a rating field to have a maximum of 10 values. A maximum of 5 values is just the default.

Another option for having quick visual feedback on numbers is to create a formula field that displays the number visually. Users would still enter the number as a number, but the formula field could give a visual feedback.

This formula will repeat the * symbol based on the number entered in the {numeric field}, which should be a non-negative integer. You can replace the * with any character you like, including emoji.

REPT("*", {numeric field})

If this answers your question, please mark this post as the solution. Otherwise, could you please give a bit more details and a screen capture?

Thanks so much for your help - strangely enough I just this minute discovered the 10-star option for ratings, which might just be accurate enough for my current needs.

It still seems bizarre to me that such an obvious and relatively simple feature as having numebr sliders is missing though - surely almost everyone would need something like that at some point?

anyway, thanks so much for your excellent reply.

You’re welcome. Feel free to post your suggestion in the Products Suggestion section of the community forums.