1046 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zachary_King
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am looking for a way to easily visualize data for multiple groups within my base.

so essentially my base looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 11.20.02 pm

where users are grouped by their phone number.

I would like to be able to create a simple chart that looks at pain score X Days since procedure.

is there anyway to do this? perhaps another connected service? I have looked at the Chart App but that operates on the entire base and so would quickly become unwieldy.

thanks!

5 Replies 5
Julian_E_Post
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Zachary,
If I’m reading your question right, this sounds totally doable in the charts app. Are you trying to chart just one phone number at a time? If yes, you can create a view with a filter that has only one phone number (or a specific group of numbers). Then in the chart settings, right under the “Table” dropdown, there is a dropdown for “View”. Select your filtered view, and you can chart pain score x days for that phone number or group.

thanks @Julian_E_Post, much appreciated. Ideally I could find a solution that would work within a view - I am presenting the data in a client portal in the form of a view that is already filtered by Radiologist and would love to find a way for this to happen automatically.

so the dream case would be that the Radiologist logs in, sees each patient’s data (as identified by phone number as you correctly identified) and they can see the 6 data points of pain VS time since operation in a graph.

any ideas on how I could make that work and automate it???

Julian_E_Post
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

That’s a good one! I am not aware of a way to do that in Charts, although I think it would have quite a lot of use cases. If I understand your need, this is something you can do with a table in the page designer, which is not as cool, but still useful. You need to have a second table with just the patient phone numbers, and link to the table with the scores and days since operation. Then you can create a page designer block that automatically has a page for each phone number with a table showing the data. See this example base:

Ooohhhh nice! that is very close to what I was looking for! if I am looking to create a fully automated system, this would mean creating thousands of tables per month. Do you think that will be an issue for airtable/me? will it just create a sprawling, indecipherable mess or nah??

If you structure it appropriately, it should work the same no matter how many records! I have no experience with creating extra-large bases, but I’ve seen others talk about it in the forum. They seem doable: