812 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dasprune
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I'm a complete beginner to airtable so sorry if this is a dumb question, but here goes anyway.. 

I created a product table which is a collection of parts grouped by name. I want to then use the name of each product as a single select field in a new table, but instead I get all the entries for every part within that product.

Ultimately I want to display price information for each product - sum of all the parts cost, wholesale price etc. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

You're 100% on the right track.  To get what you want, you need to have three tables:
1. Products
2. Product Makeup - A junction table between Products and Parts - this will contain the information on what and how many parts each product needs
3. Parts - This will contain the price of the parts

And so your current "Products" table is actually a "Product Makeup" table

I've thrown something together here for you to check out that I think will make things a lot clearer

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 11.37.31 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 11.37.27 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 11.37.24 AM.png

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

You're 100% on the right track.  To get what you want, you need to have three tables:
1. Products
2. Product Makeup - A junction table between Products and Parts - this will contain the information on what and how many parts each product needs
3. Parts - This will contain the price of the parts

And so your current "Products" table is actually a "Product Makeup" table

I've thrown something together here for you to check out that I think will make things a lot clearer

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 11.37.31 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 11.37.27 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 11.37.24 AM.png

that's great, thankyou!