Help

How to set up the base for this use case?

Topic Labels: Base design
Solved
Jump to Solution
813 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annamarie_Pluha
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

HI,
I have a crowdfunding campaign that just started. I need to track what’s happening with rewards—who gets one, did I send it, did I tell someone else to send it, what date sent. That part is easy to set up. The part that has me puzzled…

The platform will allow me to download into an excel file each donation’s entire record, with 32 fields - many of them blank. Because I will be adding to the table every day, I don’t want to mess with that format, so I can easily cut and paste. So far I have called that table “Raw Data”. The primary column is “Time Pledged.”

I’m unclear about how I get to having my rewards info in a useful way for me. Create another table and use a lookup to collect info about rewards from the Raw Data? Would I use “Time Pledged” as my primary column? Can I pull the info I want from the Raw Data using formulas?

Or is it as simple as adding columns to Raw data for the info I want to track and build a view that lets me see only the data I need?

Is that clear? Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks
Annamarie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @Annamarie_Pluhar,

If I’m understanding you correctly, I think you’re overlooking one of the greatest strengths of Airtable, which is that you can create multiple different views of the exact same data — so you can see your exact same data in multiple different ways, and so you can see your data with only the information that you want to see.

Everyone’s Airtable currently looks a little bit different right now because they’re experimenting with some new features, but there should be some sort of a button above your records (to the left) that says “Views” or “Grid View” or something like that. If you click on this button, you can create new views of your data.

When you create new views of your data, you can customize each view to only show you the fields & the records that you want to see, and you can organize the data differently on each view as well.

Each view is independent from the other views, but they are all working with the same underlying data.

Different views = different ways of seeing/filtering the same data.

And you can rename each view to describe what it is being used for.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face: If not, please let me know what else you have a question about! :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @Annamarie_Pluhar,

If I’m understanding you correctly, I think you’re overlooking one of the greatest strengths of Airtable, which is that you can create multiple different views of the exact same data — so you can see your exact same data in multiple different ways, and so you can see your data with only the information that you want to see.

Everyone’s Airtable currently looks a little bit different right now because they’re experimenting with some new features, but there should be some sort of a button above your records (to the left) that says “Views” or “Grid View” or something like that. If you click on this button, you can create new views of your data.

When you create new views of your data, you can customize each view to only show you the fields & the records that you want to see, and you can organize the data differently on each view as well.

Each view is independent from the other views, but they are all working with the same underlying data.

Different views = different ways of seeing/filtering the same data.

And you can rename each view to describe what it is being used for.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face: If not, please let me know what else you have a question about! :slightly_smiling_face:

I think that does it! I’ll let you know. Thanks.