cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vincent_GUYADER
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
hope you are doing well, I’m quite a beginer on airtable, so my question could be a newbi one…
I will try to make an accurate and precise request

please have a look to the reproductible example here :

how can I add in the student table, the date_exam from the exam table ?
Bonus : Im my real usecase there is many exam per classroom, I need to have the more recent date.

Any Idea to do this ?

Regards

1 Reply 1

Hello and welcome to the Community @Vincent_GUYADER!

First of all thank you so much for sharing your base—it’s always great to be able to see what you are working with.

So it looks like you have a link from the Student table to the exam table—and you are already using a lookup field to pull the exam date for each student:
playground+copy_+student+-+Airtable+2021-05-04+at+8.48.56+AM

If you are looking to pull the date for the most recent exam date for a classroom with many exams(I added two exams to the same classroom):playground+copy_+classroom+-+Airtable+2021-05-04+at+8.55.54+AM

You can do so using a rollup field and the MAX() formula to find the maximum date (or most recent) date of the Exams for that classroom:
playground+copy_+classroom+-+Airtable+2021-05-04+at+8.57.35+AM

Now looking at that table you can see the most exam date is the one listed in the “Most Recent Exam Date” field:
playground+copy_+classroom+-+Airtable+2021-05-04+at+8.59.35+AM

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .