Help

Re: Is there a way to create an ordering system that can attach quantities to individual items in the same record?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1545 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert_Farrell
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am creating an ordering system to help distribute items between multiple stores. I would like to have the option to attach quantities to individual items in the same order.
order_form

Here is my order form as it stands. You can add multiple items to the record no problem but the way to attach the quantities to the items is not sustainable. Ideally, I want to be able to attach those quantities to the items themselves.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any and all help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

For MiniExtensions, you would need to use the feature that lets you create/edit/delete line items:

For JotForm, you have full flexibility to use any of their form tools that you’d like in order to create any type of form that you desire, but you might need to use an automation tool like Make.com to parse the line items into Airtable afterwards. (You might be able to use Airtable’s automations as well, if the parsing is simple enough.)

Sorry that there’s not a quick answer that I can give you, because it will likely take several hours to setup either of these options.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you set all of this up, please feel free to contact me through my website:

See Solution in Thread

8 Replies 8
Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I don’t think you’ll have much look doing this with a standard Airtable form. You really need something with a shopping cart. Have you considered e-commerce software instead? Woocommerce under Wordpress would be my thought…

Thanks for the reply! I will check out woocommerce for sure.

Hi @Robert_Farrell
Short of creating a conditional quantity field for each item, which could be ridiculous, you will need to look into other form options. Jotform is very popular with Airtable users.

@Robert_Farrell You can do this with the forms available from MiniExtensions.com or JotForm.

Just saw that @Vivid-Squid mentioned JotForm above, too!

Which form do you recommend on MiniExtensions? Also, is there a template on Jotform that would get me going in the right direction?

Thank you.

For MiniExtensions, you would need to use the feature that lets you create/edit/delete line items:

For JotForm, you have full flexibility to use any of their form tools that you’d like in order to create any type of form that you desire, but you might need to use an automation tool like Make.com to parse the line items into Airtable afterwards. (You might be able to use Airtable’s automations as well, if the parsing is simple enough.)

Sorry that there’s not a quick answer that I can give you, because it will likely take several hours to setup either of these options.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you set all of this up, please feel free to contact me through my website:

Awesome thank you for the info. I’ll keep you in mind!