cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IT_Departmenrt
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

Wondering if any one has experience of syncing Airtable with JIRA Cloud, I've setup a sysnc'd table in Airtable to pul our service desk data so I can build a dashboard, however some of our custom fields have not been pulled though one example is Organisations, this is a key field I need to build a useful dashboard.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Matt

5 Replies 5
Victor123
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I have the same issue. Using different Jira filters as sources, different custom fields are offered to be synched. And I couldn't spot any rule or pattern based on what criteria, airtable is doing that. Any help will be really appreciated.

nicknack
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello. I just ran into this problem as well, and luckily I've just recently redone our entire Jira schemes and was able to easily debug the issue for this. It appears that Airtable is looking at the Create screen for picking up these fields to sync. If your custom field is not present on that screen, it will likely not show up as a field to sync into Airtable.

Suegamma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm new to this forum, but I have experience with syncing Airtable and JIRA Cloud. I had a similar issue where some custom fields were not being pulled through. I found that it was due to a compatibility issue between the two platforms. In terms of building a dashboard, have you considered using any third-party integration tools? They have pre-built integrations for Airtable and JIRA Cloud that might solve your syncing issue. Also, if you're interested in cloud computing, you might want to check out the CompTIA Cloud+ certification. It covers a wide range of cloud computing topics, including security, maintenance, and troubleshooting. I found it really helpful in my own career.

Guillaume_Boill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I tested the intregration feature when it got released and could not figure out why so few fields were getting synced (8 exactly), some of which even remaining empty. Now months after I see no progress and am also at a loss when it comes to understanding which fields actually get synced... Is the feature of value to anyone?!?

mccrai_gmon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Syncing Airtable with JIRA Cloud can be a handy way to gather service desk data for your dashboard. It's unfortunate that some of your custom fields, like Organisations, haven't been pulled through. To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest checking the configuration of your sync setup in Airtable and ensuring that the necessary mappings and filters are correctly configured. Additionally, reviewing the documentation or reaching out to Airtable support or their community forums might provide insights on how to resolve this specific syncing problem. If you're looking for more resources and tips on JIRA Cloud and data syncing, you can visit https://evelon.co.uk. They offer valuable insights and tools related to IT automation and data management.