1699 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick_Peacock-Sm
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way to have a last modified date for when a button is clicked. I want the button clicking to trigger an automation and record the date the button was selected.

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @Nick_Peacock-Smith!

Oddly enough, you can’t trigger an automation with a button being clicked (go figure), but you can do it with a checkmark being checked.

Please add your feature request into the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category, and hopefully they can add this functionality in the future.

A button being clicked can run a script via the script app, but that is usually a dealbreaker for most people because it opens up the apps sidebar, and visually runs the script on the user’s screen. So it’s not really a valid solution for most use-cases.

Nick_Peacock-Sm

Thanks for your response @ScottWorld. I actually am not having an issue triggering the automation. The issue is that I can’t insert the date of when the button was pressed because I can’t get a “last modified date” based off when the button is pressed. Is that correct?

That is correct. But you CAN get the “last modified date” of when a checkbox field is checked.