475 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian_collins
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I have a company table and a contacts table that are linked. When i click in the linked field of the company table, and click +, i see all the records in the contacts table. I would like to limit the shown records to only those contacts that belong to the company in question. Can anyone advise how i do that plse?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@ian_collins 

Linked record filters are not currently available in Airtable, but you can very easily get linked record filters with these 2 external apps for Airtable:

1. Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable. Fillout is an advanced form replacement for Airtable that offers over 100 features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including linked record filters, the ability to update Airtable records from a form, the ability to accept payments on forms, the ability to have multi-page conditional forms, and much much more.

2. Noloco’s advanced interfaces for Airtable. Noloco is a full-blown front-end replacement for Airtable that can act as both a portal and an interface.

The CEO of Noloco gave a demonstration of his product on this Airtable podcast episode.

I also give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this Airtable podcast episode.

And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

While Airtable doesn't currently support dynamically filtering linked records based on another record's context, this feature might become available in the future. Currently, workarounds include creating specific views for filtering, using naming conventions, and employing scripts or automations for data integrity.

Airtable Limitation: Airtable does not currently offer dynamic filtering of linked records based on the context of another record. Future updates may introduce this feature.

Workarounds in Airtable:

• Create filtered views in the Contacts table for manual selection.
  • Use naming conventions to include company names in contacts for easier identification.
  • Implement scripts or automations to correct or verify links post-creation.

SmartSuite Solution: SmartSuite provides Conditional Lookup Filters, allowing for the dynamic filtering of linked records based on the context, such as showing only contacts associated with a specific company when linking.

Consideration: If dynamic filtering of linked records is essential for your workflow, SmartSuite is currently the more suitable option until Airtable supports this functionality.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@ian_collins 

Linked record filters are not currently available in Airtable, but you can very easily get linked record filters with these 2 external apps for Airtable:

1. Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable. Fillout is an advanced form replacement for Airtable that offers over 100 features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including linked record filters, the ability to update Airtable records from a form, the ability to accept payments on forms, the ability to have multi-page conditional forms, and much much more.

2. Noloco’s advanced interfaces for Airtable. Noloco is a full-blown front-end replacement for Airtable that can act as both a portal and an interface.

The CEO of Noloco gave a demonstration of his product on this Airtable podcast episode.

I also give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this Airtable podcast episode.

And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Many thx for taking the time out to reply. Good to know its not native functionality and i will checkout SmartSuite.

regards

Ian

Hey great input many thanks. Fillout looks brill, will check out the others. Really appreciate the input thx.

Ian

You’re welcome! Glad I could help! 🙂