668 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Witzig
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a table of Volunteers that lists their name, email, cell phone, etc. I also have a table called Teams. In my Teams table, I have a “TEAM LEADER” field. I’ve linked that field to the Volunteers Table. I am able to select a name from the Volunteers list just fine.

The next two columns are “Cell Phone #” and “Email Address”. I’ve tried making those two columns a Lookup on the “Team Leader” column. It seems like I’m able to do that fine, but it doesn’t automatically populate the email and cell phone # from the Volunteer table, which is what I thought it would do. ie. I thought when I select a person from the Volunteer table to be a Team Leader, it would automatically also pull that person’s email and cell into the next two columns.

Am I thinking about this all wrong?

Scott

7 Replies 7

Yes, it should work like you expected it to work. Why don’t you post some screenshots of how you’ve setup your tables and fields, so we can see where it might be going wrong?

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 1.26.07 PM Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 1.26.18 PM

In the Team/Zone table, what do the field customizations look like for the Cell Phone # field & the Email field?

Here you go. Thanks for your help.

Scott

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 11.03.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 11.04.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 11.03.52 AM.png

Notice that your Email Lookup field is pulling from a different linked record field called “Field 12”. It needs to pull from the same linked record field as the cell phone lookup, which is “Team Leader”.

Yay! Ok. I think that was it. Thank you so much. Ironically, the answer came from “ScottWorld”. Can’t beat that.

Scott

Haha, it was meant to be!