Help

Lookup field to pull most recent from a multiple linked field.

Topic Labels: Base design
Solved
Jump to Solution
545 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan_Gunne1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

On Table A I have a linked record field that allows multiples. It pulls records from Table B. These records on Table B include a Date field. Records on Table B are not necessarily entered in chronological order. For example:

• Table B Record 1 - 1/1/2023
  • Table B Record 2 - 3/1/2023
  • Table B Record 3 - 2/1/2023

On Table A, I'm trying to pull the most recent record linked using a Lookup field with the "limit the number of items shown" option turned on and set to "last 1" but I believe this is giving me the date of the linked record that was most recently created rather than using the date field of the record to give me the most recent. 

I believe I could play around with an automation that could accomplish this for me but before diving into that, is there a more simple way to achieve this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jonathan_Gunne1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Figured it out! Instead of a Lookup field, I needed a Rollup field that pulls the Dates from the Table B records. Then aggregated with MAX(values).

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Jonathan_Gunne1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Figured it out! Instead of a Lookup field, I needed a Rollup field that pulls the Dates from the Table B records. Then aggregated with MAX(values).