cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcrawford
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

bcrawford_0-1693343558942.png

I am wondering if anyone is able to assist with a couple of questions. 

1.  When adding an attachment into the 'attachment' field I am simply adding from files and attaching a word document.  I am then having issues once I send the email with the attachment not coming through in the correct format.  It seems to only be coming through in email as a small photo that is quite blurry.  I am wondering if there is any work around to this and how I can have an email sent with the correct attachments - preferrably the word document.

bcrawford_1-1693343695526.png

Above is my current airtable.  Each date has 3 specific shifts 0100/0800/1630.  I am wondering what I need to do in order to have 3 emails go out each day with the attachment (from question 1) as well as the checkmarks associated to who is involved.  I am able to accomplish this by simply highlighting all the areas on the data sheet and right clicking send email.  However I am looking to have this function automated and sent daily for these specific events.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3
Praneeth
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Welcome to the community! 

When you are right clicking to send email you are sending the Airtable record link with the cells you've highlighted as a preview to the record. Instead, you can use the Automations tab to send emails with attachments. 
You can have a checkbox for a column called 'Send Email' and use it as a trigger to send emails through your automation. 

In your automation:

1. Select your trigger to be 'When a record matches conditions' 

2. Add condition to be Send Email checkbox checked

3. Add action - Send email

bcrawford
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Praneeth, 

Thanks for the update on when to right click.  I am however trying to automate the sending of the emails.  So for instance anything within the 100 time slot on Tuesday August 29th is sent at 1200am and then so forth that anything Tuesday August 29th under the 0800 time slot is then automatically sent out at 0700hr without me manually having to send the email out? 

Do you happen to know how to do this? 

Yes, you can change the trigger to 'At scheduled Time'. Modifying my previous example:

1. Select your trigger to be 'At scheduled Time' [as shown in screenshot]

2. Add action - Send email

3. Add conditions: When timeslot is 100