Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Mapping product availability - script advice

Topic Labels: Workflow Design
44 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaomeile
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm re-inventing the wheel and mine is currently square. Is there anyone here who can help on how best to map product availability?

My use case is translation rights -  where a manuscript which can be sold across territories (~60), languages (~50) and formats (~5) e.g. 'BOOKTITLE' sold to North American ex Canada, English, Print or perhaps World-German-Audio. Can be re-sold on expiry.

What is the best way to capture this without bloat? Currently just listing what is sold, on understanding if not listed, then not sold. 

Could anyone point to product sales approaches which I could take a look at and learn from?

Thank you

Current ideas:

'Right Table' with all variations for each manuscript. Run a script: for each manuscript, loop through all territories and languages adjusting with a bit of publishing industry-specific logic and create a record for each? On sale, terms and details attached to that specific record (or even another Table?) and then linked to a record in the Contract Table?

- seems the simplest and most robust approach in terms of analysing opportunities across manuscripts and authors but would lead to large number of redundant records of which realistically only 30 would ever be used. 

2. 'Right' table with all variations of TerritoryLanguageFormat but linked to each Manuscript record in the Manuscript table in a single field in an array and use an script to update the array when a right is sold? Less bloaty but less useful?

0 Replies 0