421 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahenry3700
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I work at a nonprofit organization that is also a neighborhood association with dues paying membership. Currently, we have all programming participants in a main base that links them to events and other things. The records serve as almost a "client profile". I would love for the airtable database to also help us facilitate membership payments through Zapier and maybe even Stripe? Essentially, enabling folks to make a membership payment through Airtable OR allowing for their membership payment information to be filtered and recorded in their "client profile" in Airtable.

Is there a way to do this? Does Airtable have an extension that will assist, or will I need something else to make it happen?

2 Replies 2

Hmm, you could:
1. Have an automation that runs once every membership cycle to create an "Invoice" type record for each member
2. The creation of this record would then trigger a Zap that would create an invoice with the data from this record and email it to them

If you're comfortable with scripting you could just ping Stripe's API directly via the Airtable automation too

I'm not aware of any extensions that might help with this I'm afraid

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @ahenry3700,

You mentioned Zapier, but in general, I always try to strongly steer people away from Zapier and onto Make‘s Airtable automations and integrations instead. 

The reason for this is because Make is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than Zapier, yet it is INFINITELY more powerful than Zapier. I wrote an entire thread on Make vs. Zapier here.

However, for your needs, I believe that it would be a much better user experience for your customers to directly integrate Airtable with receiving payments via Stripe.

There are 2 incredible apps that offer this ability to you:

1. Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable
and
2. JetAdmin’s customer portals for Airtable.

Both of these tools will allow your customers to see their own profile, update their own profile (if necessary), and make payments right from the same screen where they are looking at their profile.

These definitely take a few hours to setup, so if you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld