cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiago_Sanchez
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Continuing the discussion from Did Microsoft copy Airtable?:

oh boy … this is the perfect copy - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-365-blog/announcing-microsoft-lists-your-smart-info...

Just wondering… should Airtable be happy with that? or not?
I guess it is a good thing for you to be copied, no?

What are your thoughts?

6 Replies 6

My first thought is that Airtable’s lawyers should jump down Microsoft’s throats. It’s a complete & total ripoff of Airtable, right down to the stolen icons and the stolen color schemes!

Well, the problem with that is that MS have a bigger budget to spend on this things.

Good news is that nobody trusts nor enjoys Microsoft’s products. People don’t willingly choose Microsoft’s software.

But hopefully Airtable can match them soon on the missing features — such as the automated email notifications.

But I’m still in shock that Microsoft copied EVERYTHING about Airtable, down to the activity log and the comments. It is a pixel-by-pixel, completely 100% identical reproduction of Airtable. This has got to be illegal.

Tiago_Sanchez

Yes, I totally hope that will be the thing…

To be honest, despite this is a complete ripof, I reckon Airtable could come out and mention that they are super happy that MS finally admitted that Excel / SharePoint / Access needed a redesign and they are happy with the fact that MS completely copied them not only in design, but also in concept! :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, whenever I have to write multiple pages of text (but less than a book), I’ll gladly choose Microsoft Word over any other word processor.

From the bit that I saw, MS Lists seems targeted at situations when people use Excel when they really should have been using Access. (Sadly, that’s a lot of situations.) But Excel, Access, and Airtable all have tons of functionality that doesn’t exist in MS Lists.