jpcubish
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My first community post...

In a table Results I have a structure like this:

Category field selects from another table
Process field also selects from another table
Pressures field selects from a third table

Each row of Results has a unique combination of Category - Process - Pressures for which it provides numeric data (analysis results) in subsequent fields. How can I create a lookup with both Category and Process to  identify the Pressures and numeric results? Another catch is that Process is also dependent on Category, as not all Processes are available to all Categories.

So ideally the user would choose a Category and then see available Processes. After selecting a Process, they get a report of all the Pressures with the numeric data in a report.

Possible in Airtable?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

re: ideally the user would choose a Category and then see available Processes

If you intend to let users submit data via a form, you can look up some third party tools like On2Air Forms, Fillout etc that help with this.  Airtable doesn't currently support such functionality

---
re: How can I create a lookup with both Category and Process to  identify the Pressures and numeric results?

Hm, could you provide some screenshots of the relevant tables please? I'm finding it hard to visualize how everything works here

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

re: ideally the user would choose a Category and then see available Processes

If you intend to let users submit data via a form, you can look up some third party tools like On2Air Forms, Fillout etc that help with this.  Airtable doesn't currently support such functionality

---
re: How can I create a lookup with both Category and Process to  identify the Pressures and numeric results?

Hm, could you provide some screenshots of the relevant tables please? I'm finding it hard to visualize how everything works here

How can I create a lookup with both Category and Process to  identify the Pressures and numeric results?

vLookups (like what you used in Excel or Google Sheets) do not exist in Airtable. You need to manually link everything in Airtable, or create an automation that will do the linking for you.

Thanks Adam! I figured out how to do everything with Fillout. 🙏