516 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helena_Maurer
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I pull a .CSV report each day from a third party software that shows me all unpaid balances for reservations checking in in the next 60 days. I move these into airtable in order to sort with different views, add notes, etc.

Most records will end up being the same, but I still pull it every day in case new reservations were created or old reservations have new declined payments that were scheduled. I don’t want to have to go through hundreds of duplicate records each day to keep the original ones with my notes, etc.

Is there a way to just add new records to the table and ignore the import of any duplicate reservation numbers?

3 Replies 3

Yes, that’s what the CSV import block does.

Thanks, I installed that block. I’m nervous about losing data when merging records. I have some fields that are not in my imported data. When I import and merge records, will those extra fields stay filled out? Also, will the merge records hold the new data from the import and replace old data for fields that do match?

What I would recommend is duplicating your base as many times as you’d like on your Airtable Home Page, and then you can play with the CSV block on a duplicate copy of your base! Play around with all the options and see how you can make it work for your needs.