1951 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacy_Carlson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We have an airtable set up to list the podcasts we are sponsoring. We have the main scheduling tab (Podcast Sponsoring) as well as the canned reads that we send each podcaster (Canned Read).

On the PS tab, we list which product they are sponsoring. Product 1 or Product 2.

We want Airtable to look at what is in that column; Prodcut 1 or 2 and bring in the information that is listed for that product in the Canned Read tab.

Is there a way to do that?

3 Replies 3

Yes, but you first need to link your 2 tables using a linked record field.

Your “Product Using” field needs to be changed from a single-select field to a linked record field that links to the other table.

Then, your “Canned Read” field in your first table needs to be changed from a text field to a “Lookup” field, where you lookup the canned read from the other table.

Hi @Stacy_Carlson - you need a different table structure. Have your products table like this:

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 15.35.49

Then in your podcasts table, the product is a linked field (not a single select). The lookup the notes using a lookup field:

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 15.35.54

Thank you @JonathanBowen and @ScottWorld. I’m not sure either of these gets me to where I need to be.

This is our main table. (Podcasts Sponsoring)

This is our list of Podcasts (Podcast List)

This is how we have canned reads set up. (Canned Reads)

Each month, we have a new line added to Canned Read. Column 1 is the date. Column 2 is the canned read for our first product. Column 3 is the canned read for the second product.

We have new canned reads every month and it is the key indicator of what goes into the Podcast Sponsoring list.