cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frederic_STEIN
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,
I am rather new to data tables, I can find solutions for my computer problems. but the i need some advice on whether my project can be done with airtable.
I belong to a diving club.
there are students in training N1 N2 N3 or other types.
There are training courses with different evaluation criteria.
There are monitors.
I would like to be able to build a system that would allow the instructor to assess a diver at each end of a dive according to his level of training
Have a student evaluation sheet depending on the training (s) that took place at a given time.
If a student is in L1 training, the instructor will have a form where he will indicate a date, a dive site, a student then he can have an evaluation grid according to the level of the student.
When the student has his level, he will have access to the evaluation of N2….
I can’t figure out the different tables and relationships I need to create … :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1
Christopher_Wi1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Frederic,

This is totally doable in Airtable. I’ve done something very similar with teams within my org. Considering that each training probably has different criteria, this could be approached a few ways.

1. Put all needed info into one table, then hide columns with Views. This is Airtable’s way of changing how the data appears and does not change the data.
  2. Put each type of training in separate tables. This may be a cleaner approach for your application.

I recommend putting students in a separate base, so their info is in one location and added when the student signs up.
Sync the student base with the training base, so instructors have a list of students. The draw back here is if instructors need to edit a students data. They would have to go into the student base to do that.
Evaluations could happen directly in the training base or submitted via Form.

Also, cool that its a diving club. I’m trying to get back into diving myself. If you want any further help, I’m happy to work with you on this.

Chris.