1104 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lterrazas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I run a volunteer program where we reward our volunteers with comp tickets to our events.   We currently use a points based tracking system where they get 10 points for every hour volunteered.   I was wondering if there was a way to create something in Airtable that would help us keep track of how many points our volunteers have earned  and redeemed.    So whatever would be created I would need a way to add points and subtract points with ease. 

We allow our volunteers to bank their points to redeem and "upgrade" their tickets to better seats on the following scale:

• Tier 3- 40 Points
  • Tier 2- 80 Points
  • Tier 1- 120 Points
  • Premium- 160 Points

It would be a bonus if the same base would allow them to request their redemption. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I threw something together here that should help get you started

You've got a "Volunteers" table where each record represents a volunteer:

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 9.15.23 AM.png

A "Logging" table to log how many hours a volunteer did, and a formula field to calculate what that is in points:

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 9.15.27 AM.png

And a "Redemptions" table to set which person redeemed what type of ticket, plus a formula field to represent how many points that is:

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 9.15.35 AM.png

And all of that info gets fed back into the "Volunteer" table via the rollup fields you can see in the original screenshot.

(You can duplicate the base to look at the formula fields and rollup field formulas)

It gets trickier after this because you mentioned wanting to let them request their redemption, but Airtable forms don't have a way for you to easily restrict an option based on data in their base, i.e., we can't stop them from selecting "Premium" even if they don't have enough points for it. 

You could look for a third party form solution to help with this, or you could allow users to submit requests for redemptions that you then approve / reject manually perhaps?

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Yes, most of this could be done natively with Airtable's built-in tools, but it would take many hours to setup.

Were you looking for an Airtable consultant to help you with this? If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I threw something together here that should help get you started

You've got a "Volunteers" table where each record represents a volunteer:

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 9.15.23 AM.png

A "Logging" table to log how many hours a volunteer did, and a formula field to calculate what that is in points:

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 9.15.27 AM.png

And a "Redemptions" table to set which person redeemed what type of ticket, plus a formula field to represent how many points that is:

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 9.15.35 AM.png

And all of that info gets fed back into the "Volunteer" table via the rollup fields you can see in the original screenshot.

(You can duplicate the base to look at the formula fields and rollup field formulas)

It gets trickier after this because you mentioned wanting to let them request their redemption, but Airtable forms don't have a way for you to easily restrict an option based on data in their base, i.e., we can't stop them from selecting "Premium" even if they don't have enough points for it. 

You could look for a third party form solution to help with this, or you could allow users to submit requests for redemptions that you then approve / reject manually perhaps?

This is fantastic!  With a few modifications this is exactly what we were hoping for!