687 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zsuzsa_Kiss
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Sorry if I cannot formulate clear, what I want, I am not native English speaker. I will try my best. 🙂

We register people in our free shop (we give free clothes for refugees) - with name and ID. Some people using different documents on different days.

We have a "registration" table with date, name and ID number (and many other things what is not important here). we have a "visitor" table with people, and "ID" table with the registered ID numbers. for every visitor there are some ID-s linked. I made a simplified version of this, to show what I want 🙂 https://airtable.com/shroibsb4V4JAcBXL If I fill in the registration table by name "Claudia" I would like to see by ID Claudia-ID-1 and Claudia-ID-2 to click on (or fill out a new one, if she comes with an other document)

Question: how is it possible by the registration, if we fill out the ID number, and someone was already in the system, we can choose from their linked ID numbers. now we have to fill out the ID number, what makes the whole process very slow. 

6 Replies 6

Thank you very much for the simplied version!

Yes I think this is possible by having an automation with a "Find Records" action that will find all the records for each person, and then using that value in an "Update Record" action

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.54.40 AM.png

And here it is working:

Screen Recording 2023-03-15 at 10.54.20 AM.gif

Link to base

If you have problems setting it up let me know and I can do it for you!

Thank you for your answer! I have never done an automation before, this is a little confusing for me. I got to the step setting up the condition for the find records, but I don't know, what to choose here? I guess where people ... but what?

And I also don't know what to set by the update record. can you create two screenshots about these two settings? 

thank you!

Yeap sure, here:  

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 4.52.18 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 4.52.12 PM.png
I also recommend that you duplicate the base I linked above so that you can click on the automation settings and view the tokens easily as I think you might find that helpful!

aha! I understand now, what you made. no, this is not what I want. I gave the ID-s the name "Name-ID-Nr", so I can easily see, who those belongs. but they are in life something like this: GB1234567 or UA2345667

what I would like to see, if I fill "Claudia", and click by ID nr on the plus button, then I see only: Claudia-ID-1, Claudia-ID-2, Claudia-ID-3. and I choose whatever document gave me Claudia today.

Ahh, you want to filter the records available to select in a linked field with the value from another field?  That's not possible I'm afraid

yes, exactly. this is very unfortunate, because it is such an important feature