Help

Possible to link to table/records in another Base?

Topic Labels: Base design
842 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig_Thompson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Starting to tinker with Airtable, and I’m liking a number of the features so far. I’m setting up a set of bases for my small business; project tracking, expenses/income, etc. My plan was to create “master” customer and vendor tables (in a single base) that could be shared across bases, instead of having a single base with a dozen or more tabs, but it seems linked fields can only be to other tables within the same base(?)

I’ve worked with databases for years, and it is possible to link to a table/field in a whole separate database in those instances, but it doesn’t seem possible in Airtable(?) Am I missing something?

Thanks much, all.

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Craig_Thompson! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: At this time, links may only be established between tables in the same base. Cross-base linking isn’t possible. To implement a master contact base that can also be used across other bases, you’ll need to use a third-party tool like Zapier or Integromat, write some custom API code, or possibly some combination of all of the above, and you’ll be literally copying data between bases, not making actual links.