824 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicholas_Creed
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m currently trying to make a solution that allows my team to submit how many hours they’ve worked on a project into a table called ‘Hours’.
I have another table called ‘Team’ that lists the members of my organisation and links to the ‘Hours’ table through the name of the team member.

By calculating the difference between start and end time I can calculate the number of hours completed for each ‘Hours’ record.

Now I would like to have a column on the ‘Team’ table that calculates the total number of hours for each respective member. I have started by creating a linked record called hours which lists all the ‘Hours’ records associated with the team member but I am not sure how to derive the total of these records.

I’ve tried the roundup function but it continually gives me errors so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong since this seems like very basic functionality.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

airtable

2 Replies 2

Hi @Nicholas_Creed - you’ve got a formula field for Total Hours (I’m assuming this is where you’re using ROUNDUP), but you want a “rollup” field instead. This will aggregate/summarise a value from a linked table. Have a look at this article:

Your table structure looks OK - I would just delete the existing formula field and create a rollup.

=======================

Want to learn Airtable Scripting? 1 day bootcamp coming soon!

=======================

Nicholas_Creed
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Cheers mate that fixed it, annoying that airtable gives a general error rather than letting me know I need to select the aggregation method.