cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Benson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there,

Lets say hypothetically that I have 40 separate Linked Record Fields (Field 1, 2, 3 etc) that make the same connection between Table A and Table B.

For each row only one of these fields will be updated. I want to therefore create a master field that summarises this data.

I know this approach isn’t ideal but I am forced into this position since I need to collect data from clients via a form and I am using a category sub-category set of conditional questions to only display relevant records to a client based on their response to their earlier question.

My questions are:

• Is this approach of multiple linked records the right one?

• Are there any tools out there that would simplify implementing dynamic dropdowns / category sub-category systems for forms?

• I had planned to use Automations to update the Master Field - is there a way I could create one Automation to check whether content exists in 40+ fields, and if so, copy that content into this Master Field?

• I understand that Airtable has a hard limit of 50 conditional questions on a Form, do you happen to know if this limit could be negotiated on a per user basis? While I only need 40 conditional questions today, for planning purposes I’d like to know I had the option to grow beyond this if needed.

Thanks in advance for your help - if anything isn’t clear, please do let me know!

0 Replies 0