cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShantiRochester
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have a tracking system for a number of different projects that are continuously added into the base. 

Each project goes through the same steps/actions.

One major challenge I am facing is how to track the progress of each step/action for each single project? 

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Hmm, are you creating unique task records for each new project?  For example:
1. Project A
  - Project A Task 1
  - Project A Task 2
2. Project B
  - Project B Task 1
  - Project B Task 2

If so, marking those individual task records complete in some form would allow you to create a rollup in your "Projects" table to display how many tasks are done/pending/etc?

Hi, 

Thanks for your prompt reply!

So far I haven't done anything, as I am trying to figure out what its feasible and can work out. 

Could you elaborate a bit more on creating a unique task record for each project?

Currently I have a master list on the projects (listed in the primary field) and 4 fields (currently checkboxes, but not ideal as it needs to be updated manually) with the same actions that need to happen for each project.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best Regards

Ah, this is how it might look.  You'd have a "Projects" table where each record represented a single Project

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 10.09.55 PM.png

And you'd have a 'Tasks' table where each task was linked to its respective Project:
Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 10.09.58 PM.png

Link to base

---
Your current setup of having 4 fields with checkboxes also works fine assuming you don't need to key in data specific to each task's execution!  I'm curious what you mean when you say that it's not ideal that it needs to be updated manually though?

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for your reply and this example.

I was hoping I could automate the progress of these tasks - but maybe that is something to think about moving forward.

I will try with the example you have provided in your test base and let you know how that goes.

Thanks again - I really appreciate your time and help.

Best Regards