553 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeighAnnMoltz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm struggling to figure out a solution for scaling views.  I currently have a view for each of our districts (which gives me approximately 90 views). They all have identical data/fields with a filter to only see the pieces tagged in that district. 

Screen Shot 2023-04-06 at 12.19.09 PM.png

I set these up as views specifically because I need the shareable URL for users viewing that don't have an account. I am using that URL in some email automations - use case, district updates. So each month, an automated email to that manager saying "here's your highlights" (all dynamic fields) with a link to "view your detailed breakdown here" (dynamic field to insert the URL of their view).  

Screen Shot 2023-04-06 at 12.21.13 PM.png

Hopefully this makes sense so far. 

My problem is how poorly this scales. I just improved the view with a few other columns/groupings etc. But now I have to make that manual change across each of the 90 views and hope I don't miss any ..... is there any way at all to scale this?  

The views are all identical except for the district filter. But I can't just duplicate and remake the view since I've already saved those URLs for the email automation. 

Any help is appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

I don't think so I'm afraid.  If I were you I would set aside some time and just copy the view configurations one by one

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 5.38.11 PM.png

I believe you can set which fields are visible via the API, but I'm not aware of any way to set groupings via the API

Hopefully I'm mistaken and someone has a better idea!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

I don't think so I'm afraid.  If I were you I would set aside some time and just copy the view configurations one by one

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 5.38.11 PM.png

I believe you can set which fields are visible via the API, but I'm not aware of any way to set groupings via the API

Hopefully I'm mistaken and someone has a better idea!

LeighAnnMoltz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Copying view configuration is actually a great suggestion - it's not automation, but it's better than manually making multiple changes per view... at least it's just one. 

Thanks!