1246 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vedant_Tapiaval
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a dropdown menu, and I want to automatically send a third party an email based on the person’s response. For example, if they choose option 1, I want to send an email to example@gmail.com. If they choose option 2, I want to send an email to example@hotmail.com, etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

If you don’t want to use a third party, and have a Pro account, you could try using an automation. If you set up a view with a filter for Dropdown = "option 1", and upon a record entering that view, Airtable can send an email to a given address.

If you have several alternate emails, as opposed to setting up a new automation for each email you could pass the dropdown value into a script first, and let the script decide which email address to send an email to.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Any automations, including this one, can be done with Integromat or Zapier.

Note that Integromat is the far superior platform — it is way more powerful, way less expensive, and has way more functionality than Zapier. And for your needs, Integromat is absolutely the best choice, since you don’t need to jump through any hoops to get it to recognize the same record more than once. (However, Zapier does natively support more 3rd-party apps than Integromat at this moment.)

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

If you don’t want to use a third party, and have a Pro account, you could try using an automation. If you set up a view with a filter for Dropdown = "option 1", and upon a record entering that view, Airtable can send an email to a given address.

If you have several alternate emails, as opposed to setting up a new automation for each email you could pass the dropdown value into a script first, and let the script decide which email address to send an email to.