519 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stillwell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Prefacing this by saying I'm still a novice with Airtable.

My base has tables for Tasks. The Task table has both a Grid and Gantt view. On the Gantt view I set Miletones, and then on the Grid view I linked each task with it's corresponding Milestone.

I would like to provide a view that shows the percentage of completed tasks associated with a Milestone. The idea being that you would be able to see the progress towards the Milestone.

I'm not sure how to do it, and I'm wondering if I built the base incorrectly. 

1 Reply 1
tecnojv
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi stillwell, 

It seems like you have gotten pretty far along on your own, congrats!

This is how I would do it...

First, I am assuming your tables look something like this. 

Screenshot_20230111_061351.png (Tasks)

Screenshot_20230111_060535.png(Milestones)

*Note that you should be using the 'Link to...' field type to connect your task records to your milestones*

Then in your Milestones table you should be able to see each of the tasks now associated in the automatically generated 'Link to Task' field. When you create this field, it should look like this.

Screenshot_20230111_060657.png

You will also want to create a 'Done' Field for each Task using a checkbox field type in the Task's Table. 

Then in your Milestones Table you will need to create three new fields: '# of tasks', '# of tasks completed', '% completed' (named 'Calculation' on my screenshot above)

These three fields will look like this:

Screenshot_20230111_060600.png Screenshot_20230111_060620.png Screenshot_20230111_060639.png 

1. '# of tasks' - This is a 'count' field type. It will count all of the tasks associated with each milestone
  2. '# of tasks completed' - Another 'count' field type, however this one will have the switch toggled and you will need to add the corresponding logic. If you name your fields differently it may look different, but as you can see mine says "When Done is *checked*". 
  3. '% completed' OR 'calculation' - This is a formula field. You will have a blank box and you will need to type 'Completed / {# of Tasks}'. Then in the formatting tab you want to make sure it's formatted as a %.

That is pretty much it! Note that if you have named things differently, that will effect how certain menus appear on your screen. I have highlighted all of times I used names that might be different than what you see on your screen.

You should then be able to take the % completed information into any and all views you want!

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

@tecnojv