512 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ali_Cross
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey everyone! New here…Hope my question makes sense!

I’ve created a table to track my book sales and royalties. It works super great!

However, I’d like to link a TOTAL ROYALTIES table to the SUM of every month’s royalties, but I can’t figure out how to do that.

A book’s table has columns for month, downloads and royalties by type (ebook, print, audiobook, etc.) and total monthly royalties (which is calculated using a formula).

The summary bar for the monthly royalties shows the number I’d like to see in the Total Royalties Table, where I’d like to see ALL my books and all their earnings.

IS there a way to pull the data from the summary bar into another table? OR is there a way to see the summary bar info on a card in gallery view?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!
ali
P.S. It looks like I might be able to do what I need with a Pivot Table, but I don’t want to pay the $20/month - it’s just a lot more functionality than I need. I’d rather find a workaround, if possible. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the Airtable community!

I’m sorry but the values in the summary bar are completely inaccessible outside of the summary bar. You cannot reference them in a formula field. You cannot automatically put them in a field. You cannot see them in a gallery view.

There are workarounds that involve creating (and maintaining) linked records with a separate table of months, then using a rollup field to sum the linked values. There are also methods of automatically creating and maintaining the links; but depending on your quantity or records, they might also require a pro plan.