697 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mary_Carroll-Co
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d like to have a single select field trigger a date field and am asking the community for help with the formula.

My goal is to have a single select field with the following options: now - this month, next month, future, next, etc. My goal is to have a date auto-populate based on the dropdown selection that dates the item at the end of the next month.

For instance, if today were January 5, 2050 and I have an item marked as “Now - this month”, I want a date field to auto-populate with January 31, 2050. If I changed the single select to “Next Month”, the date field would automatically update to read February 28, 2050.

Does anyone know how I do this?
Thank you!

2 Replies 2

Hey Mary, I’ve set something up for you here. To view the formula in use, duplicate the base by clicking the title of the base at the top of the screen, then the three horizontal dots on the right, and then the “Duplicate Base” button.

The idea is to create a Last modified time field and make it track the single select field in question

We then create a formula field that will output dates that you require based on the date in the Last modified time field

I got the formula to get the last day of the month from the following post by @kuovonne, and an in-depth explanation of how it works can be found there as well

Screen Recording 2022-06-01 at 10.00.00 AM

Adam,
Thanks so much for sending this along. I will give it a try now and let you know how it goes.
I appreciate you responding so quickly.