660 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Prince
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have used Airtable a couple of times pretty much as a spreadsheet. I want to do something that is still probably simple, but I still can’t figure it out even with the videos. I am just trying to organize all of my home media (see flow chart) into a searchable database2021-03-22-0001 . Can you point me to a video or example already out there?

1 Reply 1

It seems like you could make one base with one table per top level item in your flow chart:

• Table 1: Videos
    • Single Select Field: “Type”. Add options for “Hi 8”, “DVD”, “VHS”, “Film - 16 mm”, “Film - Old Format”, etc.
    • Attachment Field: “File”. Attach the appropriate file; OR
      URL Field: “Link to File”. If the file sizes are large, link to the files on your cloud storage of choice.
  • Table 2: Photos
    • Single Select Field: “Type”. Add options for “Slides”, “Negatives”, “Prints”, “Film - 16 mm”, “Film - Old Format”, etc.
      URL Field: “Link to File”. If the file sizes are large, link to the files on your cloud storage of choice.
  • Table 3: Audio
    • Single Select Field: “Type”. Add options for “Cassette”, “Zoom”, etc.
  • Table 4: Journals

If you need a sample base, check out this Media Catalog built by Anton Preisinger. You can find this and other example bases on the Airtable Universe.