cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachael_Castela
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey there!

I’m working to build a base for the following use case (similar to a sales pipeline CRM):

I have a list of Vendors, who each have multiple Documents they must fill out / complete in order to move from Phase 1 to Phase 2. While the list of documents to be completed is the same for all vendors, the responses within those documents/forms will be unique.

I want to track completion rate of the unique documents for each vendor, and once all documents are completed, have the ability to move them into Phase 2. (Phase 2 will have a different list of documents necessary to be completed before graduating to Phase 3). For instance, I want to show that Miller Manufacturing has 60% of all documents completed, while Rachael LLC might only have 20%.

I’d like for there to be a view to show the details for where each Vendor is in the process, while also being able to drill down and see each document completed for each vendor.

Ex Vendors: Miller Manufacturing, Rachael LLC., Bosch
Ex Documents in Phase 1: Brand Analysis, Relationship Mapping, Vendor Projection

Here are my questions:

I think I need to have different tables for Vendors and List of Documents, but do I need to have a tab for each of the documents (ex: Brand Analysis) if I’m going to create a form to then link back to the vendor? Here’s what I’ve put together so far. I’m linking completed tasks to Vendors and each of the documents (Brand Analysis and Relationship Mapping). Would a pivot table block help here?

With how I have it set up now, I don’t have a way of showing the list of documents and check marks next to each document whether they’re complete or not. I’m hoping to have it look sort of like this:

Please let me know if this is possible and if it means I need to be linking tables or setting up my view in a particular way.

Thanks in advance!

@Noamsay

3 Replies 3
Noamsay
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello @Rachael_Castelaz

Here you go: https://airtable.com/shrQbtlVRhMhowjgz
You can copy and paste this base into your account and use it as template.
Let me know how it goes !

Rachael_Castela
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Noamsay

Wow! Thank you for the incredibly quick response. I have been beating my head against a wall now for a while, so this is a great start.

A few follow up questions / thoughts:
• If each vendor MUST complete ALL tasks, will I have to manually add each assigned task (in this example, I’d need to manually click 1-9. Can they auto populate?)
• This assumes that each vendor completes the documents at the same time, rather than each vendor being able to complete each document at its own pace. Likely one vendor will have more or less of a completion rate than another vendor.

• Each Vendor will need to complete all documents, but will have specific versions of that document. For Example, Vendor 1 will need to complete a brand analysis document specific to Vendor 1, while Vendor 2 will have their own version of the document. Does that mean I need to make a new tab for each specific document that must be completed (assuming the tab will contain information needed to be gathered in the Brand Analysis, etc.)?
• How do you suggest I move a vendor from one phase to another. For example, after all 9 of these documents are completed in phase 1, the vendor is ready for phase 2.

THANK YOU!

Hey,
Lots of things here, will try to respond point by point:

1. Yes you need to assign manually tasks to vendors in the Task table. Good news: You don’t have to do it one by one. You can copy and paste multiple records at once.
  2. Each vendor can complete the task whenever he wants. You just need to make sure to check the “Complete” checkbox as soon as the task is completed.
  3. Regarding the document version, you need to create a different document record for each version of the doc in the table Documents. Maybe create a Master Documents table and link it to the Document table which will contain the versions of the Master documents (I have updated the template following this suggestion)
  4. You can move vendor from phase 1 to phase 2 automatically using a simple formula such as. Meaning that if the number of completed tasks is superior or equal to 9 then Phase = Phase 2, otherwise it’s Phase 1 (I added this field in the vendor table)
    IF({# completed} >= 9, "Phase 2", "Phase 1")