cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MG
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi!

I am new to airtable (love it!) and figuring it how to use it for project management.

I'm stuck right now and trying to figure out one issue and am looking for advice.

I have a "check list" of 25+ items that need to be completed for each build we are working on. How would I build the table to show the same items for build A, B, C, etc... so we can keep track of what is in the pipeline?

Thanks!

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steve_Haysom
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Another possible option - use a multi select field for the options and count them using the formula:

IF({Items},LEN({Items})-LEN(SUBSTITUTE({Items},",",""))+1)
Untitled.png

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

There are two types of check-boxes that come to mind that you could consider.

The first is the Checkbox field, which for each record, you could have 25 Checkbox fields that need to be ticked.

The other method is a Long Rich Tech field, which allows for CheckBoxes to be created and interacted with, and it would be possible (pretty sure) to have a Formula column that keeps an eye on that Long Rich Text field to count how many empty Checkboxes there are, and also how many ticked Check Boxes there are.

Karlstens_0-1673038619344.png

Each have their limits and advantages that you'll need to test. The formula that I used for counting the CheckBoxes in the Text is;

(LEN({Items}) - LEN(SUBSTITUTE({Items},'[x] ',"")))/LEN('[x] ')

MG

Thank you for your help! I think this may be the solution to the challenge!

Have a great weekend!

Steve_Haysom
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Another possible option - use a multi select field for the options and count them using the formula:

IF({Items},LEN({Items})-LEN(SUBSTITUTE({Items},",",""))+1)
Untitled.png

MG

Thank you!