917 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nate_Sheets
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello everyone. I am just in the beginning states of a big project (for me), which I hope will do the following. I have customers who fill out 5 different forms. Right now, after they are submitted, I go through the forms, and copy and paste entries into my Airtable. What I would like to do is have the forms update the initial entry with information. The flow would look like:

1. Customer fills out form 1, creating the entry
  2. Customer fills out form 2, updating the entry
  3. Customer fills out form 3, updating the entry
    Etc.

My first question before I get started is simple: is it possible for the content of other forms to be ADDED to cells in an entry, instead of OVERWRITING cells. I don’t want information that was submitted in a cell in Form 2, to be overwritten when the customer fills out some related information in Form 3. If this is possible, could someone kindly give me a keyword or a help article that explains how to do this?

I am not asking for help doing the updating (yet!), I am asking a very specific question about whether or not cells can be added to instead of overwritten, and a resource that talks about this if possible. Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Michaela_Staff1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there @Nate_Sheets , Michaela from Integromat here :wave:

Not sure how to make this work via Zapier but it certainly can be achieved with Integromat. It’s a no-code platform that lets you connect pretty much any online services and automate all kinds of processes.

Anyway, you’d do something along the following linea:

1. First of all, you need to get a hold of the existing record (in the scenario below, the record was found via an email address) with the ‘Search Records’ module.

2. You then retrieve the entire row of the record with a ‘Get a Record’ module.

3. Finally, you use the ‘Update a Record’ module in which you map the original value as well as the new value. Thanks to this, the data will be added, not overwritten :slightly_smiling_face:

The scenario looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 12.42.16

If you’re curious to see what the options are when it comes to automating Airtable-related tasks with Integromat, you can check out the landing page of the Airtable integration listing all the currently available features of the integration as well as a library of pre-made templates :slightly_smiling_face:

Nate_Sheets
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Michaela, unfortunately my form provider (Formplus) does not have an integromat integration ability.